April 03, 2020
Vegan /Paleo Pecan Bars
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feasting on Fruit.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (70g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8–10 (150g) pitted medjool dates
- 12 (200g) pitted medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tbsp. arrowroot starch (you can sub cornstarch or tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) pecan halves
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the crust, combine all the ingredients in the NutraMilk and process until sticky and clumpy.
- Press firmly into a square pan (8×8″) lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the filling, add the medjool dates, milk, arrowroot, vanilla, and salt to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the pecan halves and Mix for a few more seconds.
- Spread on top of the crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans on top and press them in lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350F or until the pecans on top are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Cool. Then refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into squares and enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.