Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Nut butter truffles are great for any occasion. Add some heart decor or red/pink sprinkles and you have a great snack, dessert or treat to gift to your valentine.
Nut butter truffles are super simple to make, you only need a few wholesome ingredients to make these delicious and nutritious treats that are full of fiber, protein, heart-healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Check out more variations of nut butter truffles on our website:
- 1 cup nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (monk fruit sweetener for keto)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- decoration of choice (heard, pink/red sprinkles, etc.)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1 cup in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Add maple syrup or other liquid sweetener, coconut flour and cacao powder to the NutraMilk, along with the 1 cup of peanut butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Make dough in to a ball and transfer to freezer to chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop and roll into balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart.
- Roll balls over heart decoration and place in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!