June 25, 2020
Sweet Almond Butter Cookies by Abby's Food Court
Images and recipe by Abby's Food Court
*Serving 10-12 cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax/chia egg (1.5 tsp ground flax seeds + 1.5 tsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare flax/chia egg by combining 1.5 tsp ground flax seed, 1.5 tsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp of water. Stir to combine and then let sit as you combine the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla) until smooth. Then mix in the flax/chia egg.
- Stir the dry ingredients (oats, oat flour, arrowroot, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) into the wet mixture, one by one, until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with coconut oil and then form the dough into 2 inch cookies and place them onto the cookie sheet. Press down the dough to flatten the cookies a bit.
- Place in the oven and set the oven to 350F. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. For a crispier cookie, bake for longer, ~12-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 to 6 minutes. Then transfer to a plate and let them cool. (If you don’t let them cool, they’ll be super crumbly).
- Take a deep breath and enjoy!
See full recipe here: https://www.abbysfoodcourt.com/recipes/sweet-almond-butter-cookies
View this post on Instagram
✨Sweet Almond Butter Cookies✨ for a sweet new year. I swear my friends like me more the more often I make these for them 🤣🤣. The recipe also includes hacks for when you don’t have almond flour or oat flour (aka my #zerowaste flour making shortcuts). Check out the recipe & let me know what you think! #happyabby #cookies #vegancookies #impressyourfriends