January 27, 2022
Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
The perfect treat for your valentine!
Strawberry cheesecake in a glass, made with in the NutraMilk, makes for a great dessert. Enjoy!
- 3 cups strawberry cheesecake ice cream or vegan nice cream
- 1/2 cup cashew milk or almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- Handful of Graham crackers or similar crackers
- 1/2 cup homemade Strawberry compote (See Notes!)
- Whipped cream, regular or vegan/coconut cream (store-bought or homemade)
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Add the ice cream and ½ cup or cashew milk into the NutraMilk and process until smooth.
- Roughly crush a few bars of Graham crackers into the mixture and process just a few seconds or place into glasses and gently press down.
- Once milkshake consistency is met, pour milkshake into tall glasses atop Graham crackers, and top each milkshake with whipped cream, strawberry compote, a medium piece of Graham cracker and crumbled Graham crackers, if desired.
- Sip and Enjoy!
For homemade strawberry compote:
You'll need: 2 cups strawberries, diced, 3/4 cup pure cane sugar, 2 tsps lemon juice, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbsp corn starch, 2 Tbsps warm water.
Directions: Combine strawberries, pure cane sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer until the strawberries are soft. Now mix corn starch in a small bowl with warm water until well combined and lump-free. Add mixture to saucepan with strawberries and stir until syrup thickens and reduced slightly, approximately 8-10 minutes, continue to stir occasionally.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Orchid and Sweet Tea.