Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 1 loaf Banana Bread
A delicious homemade banana bread with pumpkin seeds topping recipe that is gluten-free!
- 5 cups almond flour
- 2 large bananas (or 3 small ones)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 5 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- The first step to making the banana bread is to mix the almond meal/ flour * with the pumpkin pie spice mix, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Mash the ripe bananas into a purée, using a fork. This usually is fairly easy with soft, overripe bananas. However, if you're having any difficulties for any reason, simply use the NutraMilk processor.
- Once the bananas have formed a smooth 'paste' like consistency, then add the softened butter and eggs to the mashed bananas and mix well, till thoroughly incorporated.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix thoroughly, making sure there are no clumps of flour in the almond flour banana mix.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared loaf tin, lined with baking paper ** and, as an optional step, you can sprinkle some raw pumpkin seeds on top.
- The banana cake is then ready to go in the oven. Bake it in a preheated oven at 170ºC (fan assisted) for 50-60 minutes.
- Cover the top of the tin with foil after 30 minutes - this will stop the top from burning while the middle still cooks. Be careful not to let it touch the batter though, as it will stick.
- To check that the cake is cooked through, this can be tested by a toothpick inserted into the center. If it comes out wet/messy with batter, then the cake needs slightly longer.
- Enjoy the pumpkin spice banana bread with some Pumpkin Seed butter, peanut butter or any of these delicious homemade nut butter recipes.
Check the butter and the banana recipes here: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/butter-recipes/the-ultimate-guide-homemade-seed-nut-butter-recipes-by-alphafoodie?_pos=2&_sid=191d06c4c&_ss=r
View this post on Instagram
A delicious, Simple winter-warming gluten free pumpkin spice banana bread recipe using almond flour. An easy gluten free dessert option for all! Recipe is on my blog, here is the link https://www.alphafoodie.com/simple-gluten-free-banana-bread-recipe/ #glutenfree #bananabread #foodvideo #foodtutorial