Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
- 1 cup cashews (Optional, pre-soaked overnight - or for at-least six hours)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 vanilla bean
For the caramel filling:
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp tahini (or almond butter or peanut butter)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- A bit of water (if not blending)
For the raspberry chia filling:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
For the chocolate coating:
- Dark or milk or white chocolate (or all 3 of them) from your favorite dairy-free brand
- To make the caramel filling, it is as simple as blending all of the ingredients to a smooth consistency. *
- To make the raspberry chia jam filling, mash the raspberries together with the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Then add the chia seeds and stir well.
- Set aside, to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid and thicken. Store in a glass container in the fridge.
- To make the vanilla base, add the cashews (Optional to soaked the cashews in water for at least 6 hours) Mix all the ingredients in the Nutramilk processor until you obtain a smooth homogeneous mixture.
- To make the caramel ice cream, first pour some vanilla base into the ice lolly silicone mould. Then add a bit of caramel to the middle.
- Cover it with more vanilla base. Insert the ice cream sticks and freeze (best overnight).
- To make the raspberry chia ice cream, first pour some vanilla base into an ice cream mould, then add some of the raspberry chia jam. You can also just add a few fresh raspberries, cut in two. Insert the ice cream sticks and freeze (best overnight).
- Melt your choice of chocolate. For my ice creams, I am using all 3 types - dark, milk, and white. It's best to melt it on a double boiler but you can also do it quicker in the microwave.
- Take the ice creams from the freezer and dip them quickly into the melted chocolate. The chocolate coating should harden very quickly and you can then lay down the ice cream on a plate or baking paper while you prepare the rest. Keep the ice creams in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them.
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/salted-caramel-raspberry-vegan-magnum-ice-cream/