January 20, 2022
Ready in minutes, this puppy chow recipe, aka Muddy Buddies is a perfect treat!
Made with fresh peanut butter made in the NutraMilk and just a few other ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 12-oz box rice Chex cereal or any square wheat cereal (~11 cups)
- 1 + ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Pinch of salt, if butters are unsalted
- 2 + ½ cups powdered sugar
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add cereal to a very large bowl (such as a serving bowl).
- Divide powdered sugar amongst 2 large Ziploc bags or 1 large brown paper bag.
- Add chocolate chips, peanut butter, vegan butter, and vanilla to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted. Do not burn the chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex cereal. Gently stir to evenly coat all of the cereal.
- Transfer the chocolate-coated Chex to the Ziploc bags/brown paper bag. Shake to evenly coat all of the cereal with powdered sugar.
- Transfer puppy chow to a bowl and enjoy! Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Purely Kaylie.