Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (1 package of Sunfood´s Raw Organic Heirloom Pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Purely Elizabeth´s Apple Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey, monk fruit sweetener, agave, etc.)
- 2 cups baking white chocolate chips (choose vegan chocolate if appropriate)*
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- cookie sticks
- Candy eyes
- Start by making pumpkin seed butter
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10-11 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients the filling in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until everything is well-combined. If mixture is too sticky add more oatmeal and mix again until you get a mixture that you can handle and roll in to balls. I added the oatmeal afterwards but you can add them from the very beginning.
- Roll into even balls, place on parchment paper and press slightly to make it flat.
- Place the stick in the center of each mummy head.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power, then stir. Continue to heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are completely melted.
- Hold each mummy by the stick and dip into white chocolate to fully cover head- hold above chocolate to drain excess chocolate. Place on parchment paper. Add candy eyes at this point. Repeat with each mummy.
- Let the chocolate slightly set and then with a spoon full of chocolate drizzle over each mummy face to decorate.
- Let set on the counter until fully set. Enjoy!
* If dairy- free or vegan- make sure you choose a vegan chocolate.