September 06, 2019
Pumpkin Cashew Pudding
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe adapted from The Full Helping.
For cashew butter
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For the pudding
- 1 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the parfait:
- 1 cup of your favorite granola, toasted nuts, chopped dried fruit, toasted buckwheat groats, or chopped chocolate
Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
Preparing the coconut cream
- Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The next day, open it up and scoop out the solidified coconut cream on top. (You can save the liquid for smoothies, or discard it).
- Place the cream topping in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and use a hand beater to beat the cream on high till fluffy, about 3-4 minutes, or until it's creamy and smooth and forms very soft peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat for another minute or so. Refrigerate the whipped cream till you're ready to use (it will harden a bit).
Preparing the pudding
- Place all pudding ingredients into the NutraMilk container.
- Press Mix for 1 minute or till smooth. Transfer the pudding to the fridge until you're ready to use.
Assembling the parfaits
- Scoop the pudding by the half cup into serving bowls, top with a spoonful of coconut cream, and then sprinkle with two tablespoons of your crunchy topping. Enjoy!