September 06, 2019
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by From My Bowl.
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter made with The NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp ground flax or ground chia seeds + 5 tbsp filtered water
- 2 ¼ cup quick or rolled oats, blended into a fine flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- First, make nut or seed butter of choice if you don’t have a batch already made. Check out several of our recipes here.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine the ground flax or ground chia seeds with 5 tbsp water to form an “egg.” Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together in a separate larger bowl, along with the thickened flax “egg”. Slowly incorporate the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture, stirring well and until all clumps have dissolved – the batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into a parchment paper-lined or greased 8”x4” bread pan, smoothing the top off with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 60-65 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out cleanly or with minimal crumbs. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and store any leftovers in a container at room temperature for up to one week.