January 27, 2022
Plant-Based Strawberry Mousse
Pretty pink mousse for Valentines Day or any occasion. Completely plant-based, made with a cashew butter base created in the NutraMilk – you can make ahead of time and have a delicious dessert ready to serve any time. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, plus more to decorate
- 1 cup strawberry puree (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cashew butter made with the Nutramilk (1 cup cashews raw)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- Cook strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar over low heat until they release their juice. Set aside to cool.
- Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process until you get a butter consistency.
- Add strawberrie puree, vanilla extract and maple syrup and process until smooth.
- Place aquafaba in a clean glass or metal bowl. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Whip it until you achieve stiff peaks – you should be able to invert the bowl and the whipped aquafaba should not budge an inch. If it does it means that it hasn’t been whipped enough.
- Fold stiff aquafaba into the strawberry mixture gently and gradually until the two are well incorporated. Use a slow folding motion so that you don’t knock too much air out of the dessert when mixing. The mixture will deflate a little bit, don’t worry, that’s normal.
- Pour cooked strawberries onto bottom of each glass and then pour the mousse mixture until you fill glasses. Place them in the fridge for 8 hours (or overnight) for the mousse to set.
- Once the mousse has had a chance to set, decorate with fresh strawberries just before serving. This dessert keeps in an airtight container for about 2 days or freeze for longer.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.