December 01, 2021
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Peanut butter thumbprint or blossom cookies are in for the holiday season! The dough is gluten-free and made with a delicious creamy peanut butter created in the NutraMilk, topped with chocolate of choice!
Peanut butter and chocolate - What’s not to love?!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. warmed plant-based milk milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup GF blend flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp. chocolate of choice (dairy-free)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, warmed (to almost hot) milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined and smooth. It will take about a minute to fully come together.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl, then add 3/4 cup of the dry mix to the wet and make a soft sticky dough. Depending on your peanut butter and flour you might need to add a bit more flour. The dough will be soft but shouldn’t be too runny/sticky. It will get more handleable on chilling. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15 mins. If still too sticky then add more flour.
- Shape the dough into about an inch wide balls. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make dents using a Measuring spoon, end of a spatula or your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for 11 mins.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double broiler and fill dents with melted chocolate. Let cool until chocolate hardens.
- Store on the counter for up to five days Or refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Vegan Richa.