March 23, 2022
Plant-Based Paleo Lemon Tarts
Egg free and dairy free, these lemon tarts are vegan and paleo friendly -perfect to enjoy for dessert or an afternoon treat. And, super easy to whip up in the NutraMilk! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut or brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cashew butter made with the Nutramilk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. agave or coconut nectar (or keto-friendly syrup such as monk fruit sweetener)
- pinch of turmeric for color
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh berries, for serving
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In the NutraMilk, process coconut, almond flour, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil until coarsely ground and able stick together when pressed. Press about one tablespoon of crust mixture into the bottoms of liners. You may have extra crust dough. Bake for 10 minutes.
For the lemon filling:
- Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process a few minutes until you get a butter consistency.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut oil, lemon juice, agave, and turmeric to the NutraMilk. Process until very smooth and creamy.
- Fill baked crusts and chill in the freezer for two hours.
- Garnish with lemon zest and fresh berries. Serve cold.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Yummy Mummy Kitchen.