December 01, 2021
Plant-Based Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These sweet treats are flourless, vegan and can be adapted for paleo and keto diets. Made with creamy almond butter created in the NutraMilk- they are so delicious – they wont last long!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that fresh almond butter made in the NutraMilk provides.
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch chocolate powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar or ground coconut, for rolling
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together the ground flax seeds and water.
- To the "flax egg", add in the almond butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking soda, vanilla, salt, and vinegar, and stir well until a thick batter is formed. As soon as it looks mixed, stop stirring, so that the batter doesn't get oily.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough, then roll the ball between your hands. Dip the ball into powdered sugar or ground coconut, if you want the classic white-crackled look on the outside of your cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other. They will spread as they cook. Bake for 10 minutes at 350º, or until the tops of the cookies start to crack.
- These cookies need to cool completely on the pan in order to firm up. Store them uncovered at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Notes: For paleo and keto diets- use an approved sweetener such as swerve and omit the powdered sugar, use ground coconut instead.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Detoxinista.