February 09, 2022
These cookies are soft and chewy with a sweet and salty rich pistachio flavor for all the pistachio lovers. If you have never tried pistachio cookies before – you´ll be surprised with the delicious flavor they have. Also full of healthy nutrients thanks to the fresh pistachio butter made in the NutraMilk.
Check out all the healthy nutrients that pistachios contain, here.
For pistachio cookies
- 1/2 cup pistachio butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp. warmed plant-based milk milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup cranberries or raisins, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 tsp salt
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl mix the pistachio butter, warmed (to almost hot) milk, maple syrup, cranberries, walnuts and vanilla extract until well combined and smooth. It will take about a minute to fully come together.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl, then add 3/4 cup of the dry mix to the wet and make a soft sticky dough. Depending on your pistachio butter and flour you might need to add a bit more flour. The dough will be soft but shouldn’t be too runny/sticky. It will get more handleable on chilling. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15 mins. If still too sticky then add more flour.
- Shape the dough into about an inch wide balls. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten with finger or use a cookie cuter to give it a round shape.
- Bake the cookies for 11 mins. Let cool. Enjoy
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.