May 07, 2021
Persimmon Tart With Date Walnut Crust
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This delicious persimmon tart can be made totally raw for a super quick dessert/snack or you can decide to cook the dough and/or the persimmons. Either way the walnut date crust and the persimmons are a delicious combination. The crust is made in the NutraMilk with just a few simple ingredients, including lot´s of walnuts! We love it!
For date walnut crust
- 3 Tbsp. walnut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water and drained
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice
For tart filling
- 2-3 Fuyu Persimmons, thinly sliced
- walnut baklava spread (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted) plus 1 tbsp. sugar (optional- to brush on top)
For walnut butter
- 2 cups (210g) raw walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making walnut butter
- Place walnuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 3 tbsp. walnut butter in the NutraMilk for crust and take out the rest for later use.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients to along with the walnut butter in the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until you have a sticky crust.
- Line a pie or tart pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil. Spread the crust mixture into the pie pan in an even layer with sides to form your crust. Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- You can simply add a few layers of sliced Fuyu persimmon and brush with butter and sugar (optional) or you can add a filling of choice, such as a jam or our walnut baklava spread.
- This tart can be eaten completely raw or can be cooked for a crispier texture. I made one of each to try the difference (one super simple with sliced persimmons and I brushed butter and sugar to bake and the other was completely raw- I added sliced persimmons and the walnut baklava spread)- both are so delicious.
- If you decide to go raw- Add sliced persimmons and place back to the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set or cook in oven 350 F for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!