Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Get into the holiday spirit making these peanut butter cookies with kids. If you’re not a fan of peanut butter you can use any other nut butter you like- it´s a great way to substitute other ingredients that a cookie would have for a creamy nutty flavor and loads of healthy nutrients.
They are really easy, fun to make and super tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter (regular or vegan)
- 1 cup peanut butter or any nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs or egg substitute (chia or flax eggs)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- M&M's for the noses
- Dark chocolate chips for the eyes
- Pretzel pieces for the antlers
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- To make the peanut butter cookie dough, cream the butter and peanut butter in a mixer until fully combined. Add 1/2 cup of flour and mix until the flour is incorporated. Mix in granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla until the dough is fluffy. Add in baking soda and baking powder. Finally, mix in the remaining 2 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time.
- Take a spoonful of cookie dough, roll it into a ball and place it on a cookie sheet. Gently press down on the ball a bit to flatten it slightly and add the antlers (pretzels into the cookies).
- Bake the cookies in a oven (375 degrees Fahrenheit) for 7-9 minutes.
- Immediately place eyes, noses. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Cookie dough recipe inspired by Two Sisters.