January 06, 2022
Peanut Butter Macaroons
Peanut butter coconut macaroons make a delicious decadent dessert -they are sweet, soft and chewy. We have used the NutraMilk to make almond meal, almond milk and peanut butter to get a rich, fresh, healthy dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. flour OR almond meal made with the NutraMilk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup or keto syrup such as monk fruit sweetner
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup milk of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used almond milk)
- optional chocolate chips or broken-up bars
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ½ cup of peanut butter for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Stir all ingredient together. Either microwave or heat on the stovetop until thick enough to scoop balls onto a cookie tray. ( you can use a melon baller, or a spoon also works.)
- Bake on the oven's center rack for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the tray. If desired, dip in melted chocolate chips or bars.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.