August 27, 2021
Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Erin Lives Whole.
This is cookie heaven! A giant chocolate chip cookie baked in an iron skillet- it´s crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Serve warm, topped with ice cream for an irresistible dessert!
Made with fresh peanut butter made in the NutraMilk and almond flour-it´s gluten free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and paleo-friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 egg*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (if peanut butter is unsalted, otherwise omit)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease skillet (I used coconut oil spray)
- In a large bowl, whisk egg.
- Beat in peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir till combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into skillet and bake for 16-18 minutes or until done (this will vary depending on skillet size +oven).
Notes: for vegan option - use an egg substitute such as flax egg.
For keto option- omit chocolate chips and use monk-fruit syrup as a sweetener.