January 06, 2023
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Mug cakes are great when you are craving a sweet dessert and have little time to cook. This delicious peanut butter chocolate delight takes less than 3 minutes to cook! Made with fresh peanut butter and plant-based milk created in the NutraMilk and just a few more simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a microwave safe mug, add all ingredients except chocolate. Using a small whisk, mix vigorously until batter is smooth and no flour chunks remain.
- Stir 1 tbsp. of chocolate chips into the cake batter. Add another 1 tbsp. concentrated in the center/middle of the batter (so that when you dig into the center of your cake when it’s finished, it has a concentrated amount of chocolate). Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp. on top.
- Cook in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute. If cake batter is still gooey, cook for an additional 15 seconds. Allow cake to cool a few minutes before eating. Cake is best eaten warm.
- It is best to eat the cake directly from the mug and avoid removing it from the mug to eat it as the crumb is looser than a traditional cake.
- If you choose to omit the chocolate chips, you may need to add more sugar to the batter.
- This cake was cooked in a 1000 watt microwave. If your microwave is wattage is different, you may need to adjust time.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Kirbies Cravings.