Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For sandwich bars
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave, monk fruit sweetener or honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves or jam (paleo approved if necessary)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add coconut in the NutraMilk and Mix until it turns into a fine crumb. Add dates and process for 1 minute. Add peanut butter, honey, and salt and process until mixture forms into a dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it is 1/2-inch thick. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut dough into 12 squares. Using a cookie cutter, cut a heart into six of the squares. Spread a thin layer of strawberry preserves over one side of each uncut square. Top with a heart square.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!