Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Make fun, healthy and delicious snacks with your kids!
Bananas contain healthy nutrients such as potassium, vitamin B6, Vitamin C, magnesium, manganese and copper but they are mostly all carbs. When you dip them in a fresh nut butter you add fiber, heart-healthy fats and more vitamins and antioxidants making this a great balanced snack. Now drizzle some chocolate on top and they are irresistible!
For banana pops
- 3 Large Bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or favorite nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate chops
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 6 popsicle sticks
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Leave 1 ½ cups of peanut butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Slice bananas in half and insert wooden craft sticks.
- In a tall glass, microwave peanut butter and coconut oil 30 seconds or until melted. Stir.
- Dip banana pops in peanut butter and place on parchment paper. Freeze 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave for about 30 seconds bursts, stirring in between each, until chocolate is fully melted (watch carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn) or use a double boiler.
- Take out banana pops from freezer and drizzle with melted chocolate. You can also dip part of the banana in the chocolate, top with sprinkles. Place back in the freezer for another 2 hours- Enjoy!