Recipe inspired by Bakerita.
This dessert is vegan, gluten free, paleo and requires no baking! The NutraMilk is the perfect appliance to make this vegan cheesecake smooth, creamy and so tasty. Give it a try - you wont be disappointed!
IngredientsFor the crust
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup almond flour (place almonds in The NutraMilk, press Mix for 15 seconds to get almond flour)
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the cheesecake
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup canned coconut milk shaken (or homemade coconut milk using The NutraMilk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled (use refined coconut oil if you want no coconut flavor)
- …“ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup freeze-dried blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries thawed, if frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Grease a 6" springform pan with coconut oil, or line a 6" cake pan with strips of parchment paper for easy removal, and grease well with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt to the NutraMilk machine - press mix and then start (do not change default time), repeat if necessary to pulverize until it comes together into a sort of sticky dough, with small pecan bits remaining. Don't over process, or it'll turn into nut butter! Press the pecan date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Make cashew butter in the NutraMilk (you don't need to wash after you've made the dough): Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes. Press Start. Once that is finished - combine the reset of the filling ingredients except for the freeze dried blueberries and press butter cycle for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy.
- Once it's smooth, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness/tartness levels by adding more maple syrup, vanilla, or lemon juice, if desired.
- Pour 2/3 of the filling into the prepared pan over the pecan crust. Smooth out the top and tap the pan hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Place in the freezer.
- Add the freeze dried blueberries to the remaining batter and blend (press mix and do not change the default time) to incorporate. Spread over the plain layer. Return to the freezer.
- Rinse out the NutraMilk, and add the fresh blueberries, lemon juice and chia seeds to it. Blend until smooth, and then pour over the other layers.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or until completely firm before slicing and serving. I recommend running your knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting the cheesecake with the still-hot (dried) knife.
- Serve frozen or let them thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. Store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.