Mini Pumpkin Spice Nut Butter Cups - Recipe by Elise Museles
Packed with mood-boosting nutrients for a melt-in-your mouth magical treat: Decadent dark chocolate cups filled with creamy pumpkin spice nut butter + a touch of flakey sea salt. Make (and eat) whenever you want instant pleasure and extra energy!
Makes 24 Mini Cups
- 1½ cups high-quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- splash of vanilla ¾ cup cashew butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- flaky sea salt and pumpkin seeds for the tops
- Line a 24-mini muffin tin with liners.
- Place the chocolate in a pot over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the coconut oil and splash of vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each of the liners making sure to use the back of a spoon so that the chocolate comes about halfway up the sides. Place the tray in the refrigerator to harden for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the nut butter, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, coconut flour, and sea salt. Mix until smooth and well-combined. Once the chocolate hardens, remove from fridge and add one heaping teaspoon of the nut butter mixture to each cup, pressing it in firmly.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the tops of the cups. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and add a few pumpkin seeds to each top. Place the tray back in the fridge to harden for about 30 to 40 minutes. Devour when ready to eat!
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for longer term storage.