February 02, 2022
Keto Donut Holes
The perfect sweet treat for a keto diet or any other low carb diet. These donut holes are made with just a few healthy ingredients and then covered in a sweet nutty caramel sauce made with fresh almond butter created with our NutraMilk. They are super tasty, sweet, soft and buttery. Enjoy!
For donut holes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter (for vegan option use vegan butter)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. stevia extract powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg (for vegan option use egg replacer such as flaxegg)
- ¼ cup natural almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. butter softened (for vegan option use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp. powdered sweetener (keto approved)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp. almond milk (to thin, if necessary
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ¼ cup and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 375F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, leave aside.
- In a medium saucepan add water and butter, bring to boil, let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients - almond flour, coconut flour, stevia extract, baking powder- in a medium bowl and whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add water to dry ingredients and egg stir until combined. The batter will become a dough-like, soft but firm.
- Wet your hands with water or oil and make small balls of about 2 inches diameter.
- Place them on the previously prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until these are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool off for 5 minutes, meanwhile prepare the caramel topping.
- Mix together stevia and cinnamon, leave aside.
- Whisk together the almond butter with the butter until smooth and completely homogeneous.
- Add stevia and cinnamon, integrate well.
- Dip Keto holes into caramel topping until they are completely covered. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Joy Filled Eats.