July 20, 2022
Hazelnut Banana Bread with Plums
This bread is full of flavor and nutritious ingredients! Perfect for end of summer, beginning of fall when plums and hazelnuts are in season. Enjoy!
Check out all the health benefits that hazelnuts provide here!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp. flax flour or ground flax seeds + 5 Tbsp. water (egg replacement)
- 3 oz. (80 gr) soft dates e.g. Medjool
- 3 oz. (80 gr) apple sauce
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used Hazelnut milk)
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 2 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 8 oz. (50 gr) roasted hazelnuts
- 8 oz. (50 gr) vegan chocolate or chocolate, chopped
- 4-5 Tbsp. plum jam
- 5-6 fresh plums
For hazelnut butter
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts (270 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making hazelnut butter & milk
- Place hazelnuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
For hazelnut milk
- Add 3 cups of water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with hazelnut milk.
- Mix flax flour or ground flax seeds with water and let it soak for about 5-10 minutes (you can use Chia seeds as well).
- Mash the bananas, put them in a mixer or food processor along with water, pitted dates, hazelnut butter, apple sauce and milk and mix well.
- Now add the soaked flax seeds and mix well.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) in a bowl and then add them to the moist ingredients.
- Mix well until the dough is smooth and add the apple cider vinegar at the very end
- Roughly chop hazelnuts and chocolate and add them to the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Grease and flour a loaf pan (25-30 cm/10-12“).
- Put the first layer of dough into the loaf pan, place 1-2 Tbsp. plum jam on top. Then add a 2nd layer of dough and once again place plum jam on top, finish up with a layer of dough.
- Coat it with fresh plums, hazelnuts and chocolate and bake for 45-50 minutes – check with stick if well done.
- Let it cool off and enjoy it.