August 09, 2019
Grilled Peaches with Cashew Cream Sauce
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For cashew cream
- 1½ cups cashews
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
**This will make about twice as much as you need for the recipe itself. You can use this cream for several other recipes or use half of the amounts to make less.
- 4 ripe peaches
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Coconut Oil
- Mint to decorate (optional)
- Making cashew cream sauce
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter consistency.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Press Mix (do not change default time).
- Open the container lid, taste sauce, adjust if needed or take out of container.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Brush peaches with melted coconut oil and add a little salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Place peaches pitted side down onto grill and grill three to four minutes.
- Remove peaches and top with a generous tablespoon of cashew sauce. Place a few mint leaves on top if you like. Enjoy