February 20, 2020
Flourless Pistachio Butter Cookies
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 large egg (can be made without egg-exclude if vegan)
- 1 cup pistachio butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
For chocolate drizzle
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Making the pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Mix in the pistachio butter, then the sugar, baking soda, and vanilla (if using). Mix everything together very well.
- Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons, and roll in to ball.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon to flatten.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and oil in microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after 30 seconds and repeat until chocolate is smooth and fully melted. Then drizzle chocolate over cookies or dunk part of the cookie in melted chocolate.
- Chill cookies in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!