Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe by Minimalist Baker.
For peanut butter
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 cups desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3-5 tbsp. maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice, i.e. stevia)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Crushed peanuts
- Coconut flakes
- First, make the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid and take out peanut butter.
- Line a standard 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment and set aside.
- Add desiccated coconut to the NutraMilk container and run Butter Cycle for about 4 minutes until you get butter consistency.
- Add peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple syrup (1 tbsp. at a time until desired sweetness is reached.), and vanilla (optional) to the NutraMilk container and press Mix Cycle until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more salt, maple syrup or vanilla to your preference.
- Transfer mixture to lined loaf pan and spread into an even layer. You can add crushed peanuts or coconut flakes on top if you´d like.
- Freeze until firm - about 15 minutes. Then use a hot knife to slice into even squares. Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 10 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. If frozen, let soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for best texture/flavor.