September 21, 2022
Coffee Chocolate Mousse
Treat yourself or your guests with this rich coffee flavored chocolate mousse. This easy to make dessert has dark chocolate and brewed coffee, rich and creamy almond butter made with the NutraMilk and a touch of vanilla and sweetener. You can make this dessert easily vegan, paleo, keto and/or whole 30- friendly. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup aquafaba
- 1 cup (6 oz) vegan dark chocolate
- 1 1/ 2 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or monk fruit sweetener(optional)
- 3 tbsp. strong brewed espresso
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ cup almond butter made in the NutraMilk
- whipped cream of choice or yogurt to serve (optional)
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ½ cup for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Melt chocolate with a splash of plant milk over a water bath or in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Once melted, add maple syrup, almond butter and espresso. Mix with a spoon until creamy and set aside to cool.
- Drain aquafaba into a bowl (make sure it’s grease-free) and using an electric mixer beat until whipped and stiff peaks form (this can take 10-15 minutes).
- Once the peaks are formed and chocolate has cooled, gently fold the chocolate into the whipped aquafaba using a spatula. Gently mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into glasses/jars and place them in a fridge for 3 hours to set. Before serving, decorate with coconut cream/yogurt and sprinkle with shredded chocolate, coffee beans and hazelnuts.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired from feedfeed.