September 06, 2022
Chocolate Sunflower Butter Oat Clusters
Here is another way to enjoy nourishing oats! Just 4 ingredients for this recipe- Chocolate flavored and made with creamy sunflower butter created in the NutraMilk which is the key to holding these together. These gluten-free, no bake oat clusters are perfect for a to-go snack or to pack in to a lunch box. Enjoy!
For oat cluster
- 2 tablespoons sunflower butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk of choice
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (opt for dairy-free if you like)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten-free)
For Sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making sunflower butter
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter. For Sunflower butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine sunflower butter, milk and chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in oats; remove from heat.
- With a spoon, drop 8 ball-shaped portions onto prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set (about 20 minutes) and enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by SunButter.