September 06, 2022
Chocolate Sunflower Butter & Banana Muffins
These muffins are pretty nutrient dense- made with nourishing ingredients such as sunflower butter, bananas and eggs. They are gluten-free yet have a fluffy, moist texture and a delicious sweet chocolate flavor. These are perfect for breakfast or snack. Enjoy them with a fresh glass of plant-bases milk made with the NutraMilk!
Click here to find out why sunflower butter is good for you!
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. grape seed (or other neutral tasting) oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup sunflower butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 heaping cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
For Sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making sunflower butter
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter. For Sunflower butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper or spray well with non-stick cooking spray or use a silicone muffin mold.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, lemon juice and sunflower butter until well combined and smooth. Add the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the bananas. Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Let cool in the pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by SunButter.