November 29, 2021
Chocolate Peppermint Loaf
For all the peppermint lovers, this moist and delicious bread loaf is simple to make and makes a great treat for breakfast, snack or dessert during the festive end of the year. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (regular or vegan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (can be replaced with flax eggs for vegan version)
- 1 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (GF all purpose flour option)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
Chocolate Glaze Topping:
- crushed candy canes
- ¾ cup chocolate of choice, melted
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs and almond butter, beating until smooth and creamy. Add in dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Stir in chocolate chips and peppermint extract.
- Spoon batter into a well greased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread rest in pan for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- For the chocolate glaze: melt chocolate and pour over load and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.