November 29, 2021
Chocolate Peanut Butter Peppermint Bark
This perfect holiday treat is so quick to prepare - made with white and dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter made in the NutraMilk and flavored with peppermint. Make sure you choose good quality chocolate for a healthy treat. Enjoy!
- 250 g semisweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped (*vegan/pelo option)
- 250 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter made with the NUtraMilk
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- peppermint candy canes, crushed
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl set above a small saucepan of barely simmering water, melt the semisweet chocolate, stirring occasionally, until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate into a 9x13-inch rectangle. Set aside.
- Dollop about half of the peanut butter over the surface of the semisweet chocolate, then use a toothpick to swirl it together. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Repeat same process with white chocolate and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate with crushed candy canes.
- Slice or break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
*Choose type of chocolate according to diet you are on (vegan, paleo/keto). You can also skip white chocolate and make it all dark chocolate. Omit candy cane for paleo and Keto diets.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.