Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
These protein-filled chocolate balls make delicious ice cream toppings or sweet little treats!
Made with fresh peanut butter and almond meal processed in the NutraMilk, almond flour and a chocolate coating- they are sweet, creamy and nutty! Warning: They may not last very long!
- ½ cup almond meal made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g dark non-dairy Chocolate
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ¾ cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Place the almond flour, almond meal, maple syrup and salt into NutraMilk with the ¾ cup of peanut butter and press butter for a few minutes until it forms a dough.
- Take out the dough and make into one ball- from there measure out ¼ tsp of dough and roll balls. Repeat until you have used all dough. Place onto a lined (with greaseproof paper) baking sheet.
- Transfer to the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in a bain marie (a glass bowl sitting over a saucepan of water), melt the chopped chocolate, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge and dip each one into the chocolate to coat the entire ball. Place back onto the greaseproof paper. This can easily be done with two forks. Enjoy your chocolate peanut butter toppers!
Notes: To adapt recipe for paleo diet- choose paleo approved sweetener and chocolate.