Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Get your kids involved in the kitchen, it´s the best way to create healthy eating habits.
Kids love making these type of snacks and eating them too!
Choose a good quality dark chocolate and pair it with your favorite nut butter made in the NutraMilk so you get a healthy snack full of fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
For apple pops
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- wooden craft sticks
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Place apples upright on a cutting board and cut into horizontal slices from the top of the apple to the bottom (you should have two or three slices per apple). Using a knife, make a small hole in the bottom of the apple slice and insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt peanut butter with one tablespoon of coconut oil just a few seconds in the microwave.
- Dip your apple pops in the peanut butter and freeze for one hour.
- Melt chocolate with 1 teaspoon of coconut either in the microwave for about 30 seconds bursts, stirring in between each, until chocolate is fully melted (watch carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn) or use a double boiler.
- Dip your apple pops in the melted chocolate and put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put them in the fridge until chocolate sets (5-10 minutes).
- Take apple pops out of the fridge and use peanut butter that´s left to drizzle over the chocolate covering. You can also drizzle chocolate if you have left over. Place back in the fridge until set. Enjoy