December 22, 2022
Champagne Donuts with Peanut Butter Frosting
Celebrate the new year with champagne inspired donuts- the perfect treat for any time of the day. These are dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, made with champagne for the occasion. Topped with a deliciously creamy and sweet peanut butter frosting. All homemade and super fresh for a fresh start to the new year!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup champagne, dry
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter softened (you can use vegan butter or regular dairy butter)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature made with the NutraMilk
- 3 cups powdered sugar up to 4 cups for a stiffer frosting
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- ¼-½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp. milk or cream up to ¼ cup if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and finely ground flaxseed (you can use a coffee grinder or a blender).
- In a separate bowl, mix together champagne, vanilla, sugar, milk, and oil until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold until smooth, you may want to briefly whisk this if there are any clumps, but try not to mix anymore than you need to.
- Spray a donut pan* with non-stick spray and add batter to a piping bag or a zip lock bag.**
- Pipe batter up to 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes (for a mini donut pan, if using a large one add 3-4 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean. You do not want to over bake or they will be a bit dry.
- Allow donuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For frosting:
- Add the softened butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a standing mixer or large bowl with a hand held mixer.
- Mix on medium to medium high for 2-3 minutes, until the butter and peanut butter is combined. Mixing the butter/peanut butter so long make it really light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and vanilla and mix on low for a minute until it incorporates.
- Spread frosting on donuts and sprinkle with shredded coconut or festive sprinkles of choice. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Partylicious.