October 12, 2022
Perfect for Halloween! These boo-scotti are so sweet, they can be bagged up and make a great alternative treat or a delicious afternoon snack. Enjoy!
- ½ cup of coconut sugar or brown sugar (or swerve for paleo/keto recipes)
- 2 tbsp. date syrup or other liquid sweetener (maple syrup, monk fruit sweetener, etc)
- ½ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- white chocolate, chopped or chips
- Milk or dark chocolate, chopped or chips
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Mix together sugar, syrup and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to almond butter mixture.
- Now add almond flour, baking powder and salt to the almond butter mixture.
- With wet hands - (because dough is sticky) form dough into a log (12 inches longish by 4 inches wide by ½ inch thick) on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min.
- Take out log and let rest for 15 min.
- Melt white chocolate and dark or milk chocolate separately on microwave or stove top.
- Cut biscotti, length wise and dip about half or a bit more in white chocolate. Place on parchment paper and let cool.
- When completely cool, used melted dark chocolate to decorate boo faces. Enjoy!