February 13, 2020
Banana Bread and Homemade Nutella by Alphafoodie
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 1 loaf Banana Bread & 1 cup of Nutella
This delicious homemade banana bread and homemade Vegan Nutella are the perfect treat!
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed all spice
2 ripe medium-sized bananas (~1 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cups (150 gr) butter, softened
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or more if you want it more chocolatey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (not pictured, needed to if consistency is too hard)
Making the banana bread:
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC (fan assisted)
- Mash the bananas using a fork to purée-like consistency.
- Mix the baking powder and allspice into the sifted flour.
- Beat the sugar and butter with a mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix in completely.
- Mix in the banana purée, then gradually add the flour and stir well until smooth.
- Pour in a greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 mins.
- Let the banana bread cool before you take it out of the tin.
Making the homemade Nutella:
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven at 160ºC (fan assisted) for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the skins.
- Put the hazelnuts in the Nutramilk processor and blitz them until you obtain a smooth butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz them again.
- If the consistency of the Nutella is too thick, add a splash of plant-based milk
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/banana-bread-and-homemade-nutella/