October 10, 2020
Almond Butter Cinnamon Buns
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Sweet Paul.
These are to die for! Swap the traditional cinnamon filling and icing with the recipes below using fresh almond butter made with the NutraMilk to get a creamy nutty flavor and loads of fiber!
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter (vegan or regular)
- 1 cup nut milk of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used this delicious mixed nut milk)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 egg for eggwash
- 5 tbsp. honey almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Sprinkle Purely Elizabeth´s Cinnamon Peanut Butter granola (optional)
Honey almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making honey almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add honey and Mix.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Start by melting together milk and butter until finger warm.
- Place flour, sugar, salt, egg, and yeast in a kitchen mixer and mix well until it all comes together.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes in the machine or by hand. If the dough feels to loose then add more flour.
- Cover bowl, and let the dough rise in a warm place until double its original size.
- Take it out of the mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle.
- Spread the dough with the filling ingredients: honey almond butter, sugar, cinnamon, and almonds.
- Roll it into a log and cut into 12 disk-shaped slices.
- Place slices on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, and allow to rise for 1 hour more.
- Brush with egg wash, and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack
- For the glaze, mix together honey almond butter, confectioners sugar, and enough water (a little at a time) to reach a nice loose glaze consistency. Finally drizzle the glaze on the buns and enjoy!