May 15, 2020
4 - Ingredient Million Dollar Candy Bar
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Featuring Dulce de Leche made from almond milk using the NutraMilk. This version of the Million Dollar candy bar is so much better than the ¨original¨ thing.
Its vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and made with just a few natural ingredients. If your a candy bar lover, this recipe is for you!
- 1 cup Almond Dulce de Leche made with the NutraMilk (recipe & ingredients here)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
For chocolate coating:
- 1 cup dark chocolate bar, chopped or chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups crisped rice cereal or other cereal of choice (I used a combination of puffed quinoa and rice cereal)
- 2 tsp of virgin coconut oil
- *(you can also make a chocolate coating with ½ cup virgin coconut oil mixed with ½ cup cocoa powder and vanilla stevia drops or liquid sweetener to taste)
- First, you want to make Dulce de Leche from Almond milk. For detailed instructions, see recipe here.
- Place Dulce de Leche and coconut oil in a medium sauce-pan over low heat and stir until coconut oil is melted and combined with Dulce de Leche.
- Line the bottom of a 4×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper and transfer Dulce de Leche mixture. Let cool and place in freezer for at least 2 hours, until firm.
- Cut Dulce de Leche filling into small bars.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the crisped rice cereal.
- Using a dipping tool or 2 forks, dip each bar into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped bars on a silpat or parchment paper and refrigerate 10 minutes, or let cool at room temperature to set the chocolate.
- If you want the Dulce de Leche to be soft and supple - served at room temperature for best taste and texture.
- Keep Million Dollar Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe inspired by The Spruce Eats.