March 20, 2020
Flower Petal & Almond Scrub
Have you ever tried making your own beauty products?
Cosmetics and beauty products are a major source of chemical exposure for many people, especially woman since we tend to apply them on a daily basis.
You make your own fresh and healthy plant-based milks and butters with the NutraMilk, why not try making beauty products as well!
This flower petal and nut meal scrub takes just a few minutes to make with the NutraMilk. You can use it on your face, hands or whole body. Almond meal is a natural exfoliator that removes dry, dead skin and creates a lovely glow- It´s full of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that nourishes and protects the skin. With this colorful flower petal combination - it super refreshing and fragrant – just the perfect way to pamper yourself!
- ¾ cup culinary grade dried rose and chamomile buds
- ¼ cup almond meal made with the NutraMilk
- walnut meal made with the NutraMilk (optional)*
- 2 tbsp. moisturizing oil (such olive oil, almond oil, hemp seed oil or argon oil)
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Mix cycle, set for 1 minute.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional minute or less for a finer consistency.
- Repeat process with walnuts. It´s best to do them separately and then combine them so you achieve the best texture.
- Combine almond meal and walnut meal (if you decide to use both) with the flower petals in the NutraMilk and process for just a few seconds until flowers are roughly chopped.
- Place scrub mixture into a glass jar.
- Add oil and stir well. Seal until ready to use.
*You can use almond meal on it´s own, walnut meal on it´s own or a combination. Use ¼ cup total of any nut meal or a combination.
Recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess.