May 20, 2021
Strawberry Walnut Salad Dressing
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Salads are all about the dressing in my opinion. It's what's going to make a salad irresistible, leaving you wanting more. Yes, this can happen with a salad when you have a delicious dressing like this one. Made with fresh strawberries- its sweet, creamy and tart. I used a walnut almond butter because they both pair so well with strawberries. Give it a try!
For salad dressing
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. walnut butter or almond butter made with the NutraMilk (I used both- half walnut, half almond)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (or keto-approved sweetener -monk fruit syrup)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves (loosely packed) or other leafy greens like spring greens, baby kale, arugula, etc.
- 1/2 -1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
For walnut butter
- 2 cups (210g) raw walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making walnut butter
- Place walnuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
*You can use walnut butter only or half walnut and half almond butter. Both almonds and walnuts pair really well with strawberries.
- Place all dressing ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until all is well combined.
- To assemble salad: Place leafy greens, avocado, onion, ½ of the strawberries and toss with strawberry dressing. Top with remaining strawberries, chopped walnuts and drizzle some more dressing. Enjoy!