This raw broth is so flavorful and full of nutrients to boost your immune system. You can quickly make it in the NutraMilk and store in the fridge or longer in the freezer for anytime you are craving an Indian-flavored dish. You can use this broth to cook soups, stews, legumes, grains, protein, etc. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup fennel bulb, sliced or chopped
- 2-3 small carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4- inch piece ginger unpeeled and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns crushed
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chiles chopped or powder
- sprig dill
- Water/ option of cashew milk
For cashew milk (optional)
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for a few minutes until all ingredients are broken down and they start to release their juices.
- Add 4 cups of water and press ¨mix¨(do not change default time¨ and dispense into a container.
- You can freeze in bottles small container or an ice cube tray to have on hand to flavor dishes.
- Don't let the pulp go to waste-you can also freeze it and cook it in a stir fry or other dish for flavoring.
- You can also add cashew milk instead of water to have a delicious creamy broth.
- To make cashew milk
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container and set aside.