October 07, 2021
Pumpkin Cauliflower Soup
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Well Plated by Erin.
Its pumpkin season! This thick and creamy pumpkin soup is perfect to warm up during the chilly fall days. The special ingredients are fresh pumpkin which is cooked in a pumpkin seed milk made in the NutraMilk and makes for a delicious tasty creamy and nourishing soup.
Check out all the healthy nutrients that pumpkin seed milk contains, here.
- 1 small or 1/2 large of head cauliflower chopped into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups pumpkin seed milk
- 1 cups vegetable broth plus extra as needed (you can also use water)
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
For pumpkin seed milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (90 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making pumpkin seed milk
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Heat the oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add cauliflower, pumpkin, onion, salt, and pepper and cook until the onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, and nutmeg and cook for 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin seed milk and maple syrup (optional). With a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook until the cauliflower is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Place everything in the NutraMilk, process the soup until very smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, chili flakes, coconut milk. Serve hot.