February 12, 2019
Pea, Broccoli, And Almond Soup
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe from Deliciously Ella.
Here is a delicious way to get your daily servings of green veggies. Using fresh almond milk in your soups adds a creamy, rich flavor and consistency. This soup can be enjoyed as a main course or as an appetizer - it's a healthy plant-based dish that is loaded with various vitamins, minerals and antioxidants while providing a good amount of protein, fiber and heart-healthy fats. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almonds (150 g) for homemade almond milk
- 5 quarts water (1.4L) for homemade almond milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 bag frozen peas (250g)
- 2 sticks of celery
- Frozen spinach (100g)
- 200ml almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 450ml water
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of brown miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of tamari
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Making Almond Milk:
- If you don´t already have a batch of almond milk made - start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes. Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time). Press Start.
- Press Dispense. Press Start
- Open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Peel the ginger, then chop it finely and crush the garlic cloves. Add these to a large frying pan with generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let this heat up and saute for a few minutes before adding in the tamari, finely chopped celery, frozen spinach and broccoli. Stir this around for a minute before adding the water and frozen peas to the pan. Add a generous pinch of salt and let this heat up for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once everything has cooked pour the mixture into the NutraMilk with the lemon juice, chilli flakes, miso paste and almond milk. Blend it all together until it's really smooth and creamy!