March 25, 2021
This raw mushroom broth is fragrant, earthy and full of nutrients. Its perfect to cook risottos, pilafs, soups, stews, etc. You can also add some fresh cashew milk made with the NutraMilk to make a quick delicious creamy soup. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup parsley
- lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
For soup (optional)
- 2 cups cashew milk made with the NutraMIlk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For cashew milk (optinal)
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Optional: Making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container and set aside.
- Toss all broth ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for just a few minutes until ingredients are broken down and start to release their juice.
- Add 4 cups of water, Mix and dispense into a container.
- You can freeze this broth to have on hand to flavor dishes.
- For soup - simply add some cashew milk, a splash of lemon juice, salt, pepper and garnish with sliced mushrooms. If you want it even creamier- you can scoop out the mushroom paste that is left over in the NutraMilk. Simply whisk it in the soup and/or blend in an avocado for a thick version. You can drink as is or warm on stove. Enjoy!