*Cook time 25 minutes
*Total time 30 minutes
*Calories 395Kcal per bowl
- 2 pounds red tomatoes of your choice (I chose cherry tomatoes)
- 2 medium-sized yellow onions
- 1 large red pepper optional
- 1 head of garlic
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock more or less depending on how runny you would like it to be.
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or double cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Wash and roughly chop the onion and garlic, and slice the pepper in two.
Place them together with the tomatoes on a baking sheet or on a baking tray. Brush or drizzle with olive oil and roast for between 25-30 minutes at 240ºC/475ºF.
Once ready, place everything in the Nutramilk food processor and blend until creamy and smooth (or your desired consistency). Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings if necessary- then serve!
The tomatoes and peppers come piping hot from the oven and as long as you don't add the vegetable stock and cream straight out of the fridge (room temperature is great), the soup will be hot enough to consume. If you still feel like it needs to be heated, then place it in a large pan and warm it up over medium heat.
- Store any leftover creamy tomato soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days
- This roasted tomato soup is also freezer-friendly and can be stored for up to 3 months. However, it’s worth noting that cream can curdle when being reheated so it may be best to omit the cream for now if you are making it specifically to freeze (you can add the cream in when reheating the soup).