October 29, 2020
Dan´s Favorite Cream Soup
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe from The Blue Zone´s Kitchen cookbook.
We love this soup from Dan´s Blue Zone´s Kitchen Cookbook. Its a creamy comforting soup featuring carrots, broccoli, tarragon, onions and cashew butter made with the NutraMilk.
This soup is super nourishing and delicious. You can use this recipe as a soup base to make cream of mushroom soup, pepper cream soup, and creamy tomato soup. Just substitute mushrooms, peppers or tomatoes for the broccoli, cooking each until tender. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- spring of tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups broccoli, chopped
- 4-6 cups water or vegetable broth (or half water and half veggie broth)
- 3-4 tbsp. cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- salt and pepper (optional)
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a large soup pot over medium-heat, heat olive oil and sauté inions, celery, and carrots for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs and sauté for another minute longer; then add broccoli and vegetable broth or water and bring to simmer. Cook until broccoli is very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Let soup cool for a few minutes, remove bay leaves and then transfer to the NutraMilk, add cashew butter and mix until smooth. Taste and add salt, pepper or any other seasonings of choice.