Image and recipe by Mayte Moncada.
For chipotle cashew sauce
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter made with your NutraMilk
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger or 1⁄3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 pitted date chopped*
- 1 cup of water *you might not use it all
- Salt as needed
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Create your cashew butter in your NutraMilk. Scoop ½ cup for your sauce and store the rest in an airtight container.
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Mix the chipotle pepper with the date, salt, garlic and ginger with about 1/3 Cup of water. When you see it turns into a paste, add the cashew butter and add more water. (I suggest you add it gradually so you can achieve the consistency you prefer.)
- If you want to use it with a pasta recipe, I like to add it while the pasta is still warm so it combines perfectly.
- You might need a thicker consistency for example if you want to use it with rice paper rolls, sushi, etc. So to do that just add less water while you are blending the so to do that just add less water while you are blending the ingredients.
- *Exclude date for keto/whole 30 friendly recipe.